4 Paws for Ability strives to be the leading provider of service dogs for children regardless of disability as well as adult children with caregiver guardianship who cannot live independently. 4 Paws assists veterans who have given selflessly to our country by providing service dogs which can assist with disabilities on a case by case basis, as well as adults living with hearing loss, diabetes, or Alzheimer’s.
- We provide the highest level of care and quality of life for our dogs by improving and growing our facilities.
- To make our service dogs as accessible as possible, 4 Paws keeps costs associated with service dog placement as low as possible by utilizing our large volunteer base.
- Developing the skills of our team members improves the quality of our dogs and helps attract and maintain the best available talent.
- To maintain the strongest client connection, we ensure a sufficient number of employees to manage our growing organization.
- Maintaining financial independence enables the organization to make decisions in the best interest of our clients & team members.
- We strive to educate the public on the appropriate use of service dogs, the damage fake service dogs and emotional support animals create, and the difference between task trained service dogs, therapy dogs, and ESAs.
4 Paws Unique Competitive Advantages
- Challenges are welcomed. 4 Paws is willing to reach out and tackle the more difficult placements.
- Enviable success rate. We have a 98% success rate in placements: we have a 90% success rate with the first dog placed in the home and an overall success rate of 98%.
- Flexible training. Training that can provide unique and highly customized kinds of placements.
- Nationwide. National outreach rather primarily regional.
- Open to more individuals. 4 Paws has no minimum age requirement and does not discriminate based on severity of disability within the programs it provides.
- Pet Friendly. 4 Paws does not require that recipients give up their pets to receive a service dog as many agencies do. Families with indoor dogs will still be eligible for our program.
4 Paws for Ability relies on the generosity of individuals, as well as corporations, and accepts donations for operating expenses, training, food, toys, training supplies, medication, and our expansion plan.